A little over a year ago we published a paper on how to set up a collection of targeted “for sale” items on Craigslist. ( reattached below) The method and tools used were free and still are; however, the site used for Craigslist feeds now appears to have removed its RSS feed engine. If you follow the instructions exactly, you’ll run into a roadblock due to that change. We have received a few questions on how to fix this over the past few weeks.
Since the publication date, Craigslist (http://www.craigslist.org) has enabled RSS feeds on their site. So we suggest trying the following as an alternate.
- Ensure you have your Google Reader page open.
- Open a second tab or page and run the query you want in Craigslist. You should see the search results on your page.
- Copy the entire Craiglist URL shown at the top in the address bar.
- Go to Google Reader and Click on “Add a Subscription” button in the upper left.
- Paste in your Copied URL and you should now have an RSS feed for that query.
Another alternative site is http://www.allofcraigs.com You’ll need to navigate to the advanced query screen to create more exact RSS feeds.